Product stewardship for end-of-life tyres
A priority initiative under the COAG endorsed National Waste Policy is to assist industry to develop a voluntary industry-led product stewardship scheme for end-of-life tyres.
Guidelines for the tyre product stewardship scheme
- Following a targeted consultation process the industry-government working group has finalised the Guidelines.
- The Guidelines set out the operations of the tyre product stewardship scheme and inform businesses and organisations about the requirements for participating in the scheme.
- The Guidelines are expected to be implemented by industry in mid the first half of 2013.
- When Tyre Stewardship Australia commences operation it will become responsible for publication of the guidelines.
- Guidelines for the tyre product stewardship scheme (PDF - 1.03MB) | (Word - 250KB)
The Hyder report into the domestic and international fate of end-of-life tyres was commissioned to inform this work.
- Study into domestic and international fate of end-of-life tyres - Final Report (PDF - 2774KB) | (Word - 6400KB) - Hyder, May 2012