National Waste Policy and Chemicals
Aims: To implement the National Waste Policy and support national Chemical Management Reform
- Support business and consumers to appropriately managed end of life products, materials and packaging.
- Support waste avoidance, reduction, recovery and re-use by addressing market impediments and removing red tape.
- Develop a comprehensive nationally integrated system for the identification, classification, collection, treatment, disposal and monitoring of hazardous substances and waste that aligns with international obligations.
- Develop capacity to effectively collect consistent, accurate and meaningful national waste and resource recovery data to inform policy and decisions.
- National Waste Policy: Less Waste, More Resources - Implementation Report 2011 (PDF - 1022KB) | (Word - 345KB) - 2012
- National Waste Policy: Less Waste, More Resources - Status Report - November 2010
- National Waste Policy: Less waste, more resources - Implementation plan - July 2010
- National Waste Policy: Less waste, more resources - November 2009